Saturday, November 2, 2013

Baby Santa’s Can't Rob Jesus

 “I have an idea for a restaurant.”  I heard some say.  It sounded amazing.  Convert the old railroad Depot while leaving all the beautiful history and adding trains coming and going chugging along throughout the old building.  How cool is that?   People would come to see the art of history in collections, plastered in frames on the old wood.  The vision of it had me imagining delightful children’s stories “The little engine that could” and “The Polar Express”.   It was all about the trains, or was it?  I was captured by the visual attractions and all ideas that are imagined to inspire others toward “buy into my product” or “Creativity popularity”.  This could also be called “The Solo Track”.  “   Pile on board everyone, come on and join in, bring your family and friends for an original railway ride”.  It says, “Enjoy my imagination, and enjoy the work of my creative hands.”  “Get on my track and do what I do.”   I had forgotten that we were discussing a restaurant.  Then I begin to wonder, what kind of food are they serving?   I never even asked about the menu.    I still do not know.  

Creative Tracks are meandering through our homes and neighborhoods.  Pinterest leads the way in magnifying the ultimate creativity world.  Ideas are springing up by the millions happy to paint a brain fog that is deporting our ability to stop and be still and listen.   Conversations from friends have become a design and idea course. “Amazing, you so, could make that!”  “Oh look, that is so cool; I am going to work on that for my next project.”  “Wow, how did you make that?”  “Please, may I have the recipe?” 


Yesterday I visited the Salvation Army Thrift Store.  I weaved in and out of tables and shelves covered with everything Christmas; Santa’s, trees, lights, snow and more.  I was delighted with the old childhood fads that displayed Christmas glitter and magical whimsical fairy tale moments.  Christmas treasures had been  dumped in piles were wasting away and a track from an Lionel Train cracked it half reminding me that  this Christmas stuff is off track. Or is it?  I walked by musical dancers spinning in tune to Jingle bells, Santa with a twinkle in his eye and a broken manger with three baby Santas between Mary and Joseph.  Where was baby Jesus?  I searched under a Christmas stocking and a messy pile of Christmas cards. "Baby Santa’s robbing the manager, really?"  Then I stopped and listened to the feeding of my soul  spoken by Paul in 2 Corinthians 4 “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” How funny you are Lord.  The verse seemed to say, Baby Santa’s can't rob Jesus.  I swallowed it all savoring the joy of the wasting away of everything but Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment