Monday, November 4, 2013

Job Compassion and Injustice Part 1



                                                        Compassion and Injustice


Job
In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and uprighthe feared God and shunned evilHe had seven sons and three daughters, and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants. He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.

His sons used to hold feasts in their homes on their birthdays, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would make arrangements for them to be purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular custom.


I have been contemplating the written words that tell of Job being upright and blameless. I wondered if blameless and upright means because he feared God and shunned evil.  Does blameless and upright mean Job did not sin?   How could it be that Job was without sin?  When I read 1 John 1:5-10. "If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

Early in the morning Job would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of his children thinking perhaps that they might sin.  What a beautiful gift for father to give his children. Job dearly loved  his children with the act of repentance so that they could be presented before God as blameless and upright.
Job desiring  his children's blameless and upright before their maker reminds me of my Heavenly Father graciously and tenderly loving me by sending his son the Righteous Jesus to atone for my sin.

Imagination
I imagined that Job's regular repentance act had also included himself and his wife.  Or maybe he had been able to keep from sinning.  It does say that he brought his children and really Job did not know for sure if they had sinned..Perhaps?  

Truth
In repentance I am cleansed from my sin.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Thank you Lord Jesus  that as I come to you and confess you will purity me from unrighteousness

Wonder
When Jesus enter the dessert and Satan tempted Him.  Jesus did not sin.  Will Job be able to hold himself in check or will he be in need of a Holy God?




No comments:

Post a Comment