Saturday, October 26, 2013

Attention! The Spirit is speaking

Books spread out on the couch opened and messy and here I sit in the middle of my favorite thing, reading.  I have been listening to all the teachers that have much to say about the movement of the Spirit in their lives. I am in a basking in a place where I hear nothing around me.  Silence!   I open the old journal and I read, "I must lose everything I've gained." and "In all the world I have nothing but Jesus."
Just a few favorite Books

The teachers give great wisdom streaming from the lives they have lived in Christ.  Books that tell stories of Beautiful struggling and honest heart filled commitment pointing toward intimacy with Jesus.

Seeking the Lord has required the hard work of examining with the Spirit my agitations and discomforts.  So often I am content with what I think I can handle….Okay, okay…that is enough, Lord.  Examine is a listening with the Spirit deeply in the secret place.  Examine pays attention to details.   I say, "Good enough, this is too hard.  I have enough to think about with all the minds of others "In Christ" spread out on the couch.”  I say this because I have lost and am afraid of losing more.  So I ask; what am I afraid of?  Why am I afraid?

Today The Spirit gently probes me with the vision of my journals stuffed under all the ones that have so much to give.   How beautiful is the mind of God where the Spirit lives and I am one of the temples where He resides.  

Only the mind of God can see our hearts


The Mind of God
1 Corinthian 2:6-13
“The real teacher is the Holy Spirit drawing us away from any unhealthy attachment to our human teachers” Pastor Jack Brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment